Matthew 16:24 "...take up his cross and follow me"
A message from Cross Members:
Cross Members is a unique car club comprised of Christian car enthusiasts that came together for fun and fellowship, while enjoying the collector car hobby.
The club, founded in 2013 in Lincolnton, North Carolina, is a small Christian-based car club. Our club scripture is: Matthew 16:24
"Then said Jesus unto His disciples. If any man will come after
me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross and follow me"
As Christians , we believe our Lord and Savior died on the cross for the redemption of our sins. By professing daily our Christian faith, we partner with Christ as "Cross Members". As members we attempt to know Him better and make Him better known as we share not only our faith, but the blessings of our "toys" as well.
Dbbbbbouble click here to edit this text.
Terry & Jane Edwards
Joe & Deannie Morris
Paul & Cecelia Haynes
Max & Susan Hamilton
Mike & Beverly Moore
Kevin & Lanelle Coffey
Tim & Debbie Edwards
Don & Carolyn Brafford
Rick & Carol Walker
Nathan & Vickie Grooms
Finley & Linda Hodges
Randy & Pam Poole
Randy & Margie Thetford
Scott & Lisa Rabideau
About the name "Cross Members"
In a time now referred to as "yester-year", the frames - the very foundation of cars were comprised of an important piece. That piece connected the indvidual side frames making them one - a complete unit, making them whole. That important connection piece was known as a "Cross Member". Just as the cross member of "yester-year" connected each side of an automobile frame to complete it, Jesus seeks to connect with each of us to complete us, to make us whole. The most recognized Christian symbol is that of the Christian cross, on which Christ died for the forgiveness of our sins. As a Christian-based car club, as "Cross Members", we first and foremost profess our Christian faith. We acknowledge that Christ displayed His love for us as He endured the shame of the cross, so that we may have life more abundantly. Therefore as Christians, we are forever connected to the cross. We call ourselves "Cross Members" as a means of acknowledging the imporant connection we share with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, the One who completes us, and as a means of paying homage to the classic automobile of "yester-year".
About Cross Members
* The name of the club shall be known as Cross Members Car Club
* Club colors: Chrome, Black, White
* There will be no annual membership fee
* Membership is available to Christian car owners who have demonstrated an interest in the club,
completed the membership requirements, and has shown their support for the goals and purposes
of the club.
* Family oriented club, spouses are encouraged to join and attend all events
* Minimum age for membership and driving in club events is 21 years of age
* Possession of a valid driver's license is required
* There will be no discrimination against any member regardless of age, gender, race, disability and political
* Members will respect the property of others
* Members will maintain a positive club spirit and attitude and refrain from derogatory comments against
other members, other clubs, or other club's members
* Members must maintain control of their vehichles at all times. Burnouts and "showing off" will not be
* For courtesy to others, bringing pets to a club function is discouraged.
* Members are encouraged to wear the club t-shirt and cap to all club sponsored events.
* The club will sponsor five events per driving season (May thru October, with no scheduled event in July) with the
intent of attending four (expecting at least one to be cancelled due to inclement weather) One of the planned events
will be a Christian centered event. The May event is our annual members only "Toy Car Cookout" at a
member's home. There will be a club sponsored social gathering during the Christmas season.
* There will be no alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs at a club sponsored event.
* Disregard or a violation of any of the above policies and guidelines may be considered grounds for
termination of membership
Cross Members "Ten Commandments"
1. Thou shalt not love thy "toy car" more than thy wife and children; as much, but not more
2. Thou shalt not cruise on an unpaved road
3. Thou shalt not take a "toy car" thru an automatic car wash
4. Thou shalt not ever fill up with economy grade fuel
5. Thou shalt not read thy Hemmings on company time, lest thy employer make it impossible to continue thy payments
6. Thou shalt not ever pass a "toy car" owner in distress
7. Thou shalt not despise thy neighbor's Edsel, nor his DeSoto
8. Thou shalt not use harsh language at a "toy car" for it can be tempermental
9. Thou shalt not have more wallet or cell phone pictures of thy "toy car" than thy wife, children and grand-kids
10.Thou shalt not deceive thy wife into thinking that thee is taking her for a romantic Sunday drive, when indeed thou art
going out to look at purchasing another "toy car"
2017 Cross Members Calendar
May 27 2pm Event Coordinators: Max & Susan (RSVP by May 14th)
Annual Cross Members "Toy Car" Cook Out @ the Hamiltons, Cornelius, NC
Meet @ 12:45pm / Depart @ 1:00pm
Lead Car: 1964 Corvette
June 24 Event Coordinators: Tim & Debbie
Veteran's Celebration & Service @ Cross Pointe Baptist Church Concord, NC @ 10am
Meet @ 8:15am / Depart @ 8:30am
Lead Car: 1967 Impala
August 12 Event Coordinator: "Coach"
Jerry Lackey Memorial Car Show
Lincolnton, NC Time: 9:00m Meet @ 8:15am
Depart 8:30am Lead Car: 1965 GTO
September 16 8am Event Coordinator: Rick
Big Iron Saturday @ Anthony Grove Baptist
Crouse, NC / Meet @ 9:00 / Depart 9:15am
Lead Car: 1964 Corvette
October 14 1:00pm Event Coordinators: Terry & Jane North Wilkesboro Cruise In, Wilkesboro, NC / Meet @ 12:45 / Depart: 1:00om Lead Car: 1964 Corvette
December 7 Event Coordinators: "Coach"
Christmas Gathering 6:30pm
Sagebrush Restaurant, Denver, NC
1967 Chevrolet Impala
1963 Chevrolet Corvette; 2006 Dodge Crossfire
1965 Pontiac GTO; 1967 Pontiac GTO
1967 Mercury Parklane; 1999 Ford Mustang Cobra
1999 Pontiac Trans Am; 2014 Dodge Challenger
1965 Chevrolet Chevelle SS
1940 Ford; 1955 Chevrolet Bel Air; 2015 Chevrolet Corvette
1995 Nissan XE Truck
1973 Plymouth "Cuda"; 1973 Plymouth Duster;
1969 Dodge Dart GT; 1973 Plymouth Roadrunner
1964 Chevrolet Corvette; 2007 Chevrolet Corvette Z06;
1955 Willys Military Jeep; 2013 Ford Mustang
1968 Pontiac GTO
1930 Model A Ford Sport Coupe
1930 Model A Ford Sedan
1969 Chevrolet Camaro
1987 Toyota Supra
1928 Ford Tudor Model A